WorkCover Queensland is committed to making a positive difference to people’s lives. Our purpose is simple: we partner with and support our customers to keep Queenslanders working. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to understand our customers deeply to deliver valued experiences and tailored solutions. Our people are connected to purpose and we’re creating an environment that inspires them to make a difference.
About the role:
As a Case Manager, you will facilitate the rehabilitation and return to work of customers with physical and psychological injuries sustained at work. You will build influential and valuable networks with a range of stakeholders including allied health providers, employers and injured workers to achieve positive, early return to work outcomes for both workers and employers.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary combined with an organisational culture that offers work-life balance. You will engage in challenging and interesting work and have access to a range of training, promotion and secondment opportunities to build on your skills and advance your career.
- A customer experience superstar
- Stay resilient under pressure in challenging situations
- Strong decision maker with excellent time management skills
- An outstanding team player who proactively assists to solve problems
- Experience in a similar role (case management, insurance, health, legal or relationship management environment)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within health, psychology, business or law are desirable
- Competitive salary and access to banked time
- Additional career opportunities within a large and successful organisation
- Regular promotion and secondment opportunities
- Study assistance and leadership development programs
- Remote and flexible working options
- An organisation that prioritises workplace culture, job satisfaction and work-life balance
- Great CBD location, close to all public transport and dining locations
- End of trip facilitates to cycle or jog into work
- Dedicated wellness program offering discounted private health insurance and an Employee Assistance Program
If you want to join a leading organisation that invests in its people whilst providing the opportunity to positively impact the lives of others every day, take the next step and apply today.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Arelle Fowke, Advisor People and Culture. Applications close 7pm Wednesday 2nd December, with interviews for this opportunity taking place between 14th - 16th December 2020.