A role with WorkCover Queensland is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to develop your career and make a real difference. Our vision is to be the best workers’ compensation insurer and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We bring together diverse talent and provide you with the opportunity to achieve your potential, add value to the meaningful work we do, and make WorkCover a truly inclusive place to work.
We are currently recruiting for a new and fantastic permanent opportunity within our Solutions and Technology Group. As a Senior Business Analyst you will be assigned to projects in the Enterprise Service Management portfolio, this role will gather, document and analyse varying stages of business requirements, translate them into functional specifications for approval by project sponsor/stakeholders, and ensure compliance with the agreed methodology and WorkCover’s enterprise architecture.
Key accountabilities include but not all:
- Partner with key WorkCover Queensland organisational stakeholders to understand business needs, gather information and analyse requirements to develop Needs Analysis documents that accurately reflect stated issues and proposed improvements/benefits.
- Assess existing business operations, analyse workflows and establish a base for developing improved processes and systems to create process and information models and identify areas of improvement and optimisation.
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops, interviews and meetings and ensure the alignment of session objectives to outcomes.
- Conduct playback sessions and presentations to stakeholders, as required.
- Assist business units in developing and documenting business requirements for change initiatives within agreed methodologies, standards and architectures, together with obtaining approvals from nominated stakeholders.
- Produce functional specifications to communicate user requirements in technical terms for approval by nominated members of a project team.
- Review functional specifications and solution concepts developed by vendors that describe the desired outcomes of system development, integration or enhancement projects within agreed policies, standards and architectures to ensure solution fit to requirements.
- Support the development of test strategies, plans, scripts and assist in IT test plans, where applicable, in conjunction with project team members.
- Understand the full SDLC life cycle and provide support as required (e.g. during UAT, Training)
- Maintains currency of knowledge of relevant specialist platform functionality and capability i.e. ServiceNow.
A bit about you:
- Tertiary qualified (IT/ICT) desirable
- 5+ years Business Analysis experience
- ServiceNOW certified System Administrator would be highly desirable
- Extensive experience with the ServiceNow platform across all modules
- Proven ability to lead under pressure, including maintaining focus on priority areas and giving clear direction, to both internal staff and external stakeholders such as vendors
- Strong engagement skills, including verbal and written skills, with business and IT leads and SMEs for requirements gathering, design reviews and user acceptance testing
- Ability to direct vendor implementation partners providing technical solutions and ensuring adherence to agreed scope, schedule, cost and resourcing
- Experience in leading planning, analysis and delivery activities within ServiceNow project environments
A bit about us:
Working in a collaborative team environment within a supportive and engaged organisation, you’ll enjoy access to our health and wellbeing program, a variety of flexible work offerings (including part-time arrangements and purchased annual leave, you might even wish to work remote one day a week), learning and development opportunities (with study assistance and leave), salary packaging, voluntary super contributions, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and community initiatives to give back – just to name a few!
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Paul Stredder, Senior Consultant People and Culture with applications closing at 12pm, Tuesday 1st December.