As a Claims Assessor in one of our driven and motivated teams, you will take accountability in managing your day to engage with injured workers, employers, legal representatives and allied health professionals in order to determine workers compensation claims. You will need strong decision-making skills, the ability to communicate effectively with people in vulnerable situations and enjoy thriving in a fast paced environment. Every day is different as you learn about different physical and psychological injury types and absorb injury management knowledge from your team mates.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary combined with an organisational culture that offers work-life balance. You will engage in challenging and interesting work and have access to a range of training, promotion and secondment opportunities to build on your skills and advance your career.
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who thrive on delivering outstanding outcomes, can build relationships and influence quickly, and are keen to start their career with an organisation who value their people and customers. We want to hear from you if you:
- A customer experience superstar
- Stay resilient under pressure in challenging situations
- An outstanding team player who proactively assists to solve problems
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications within health, psychology, business or law (desirable but not a necessity)
- Competitive salary and access to banked time
- Clear career progression within a large and successful organisation
- Regular promotion and secondment opportunities
- Study assistance and leadership development programs
- Remote and flexible working options – Available after probation
- An organisation that prioritises workplace culture and job satisfaction
- Great CBD location, close to all public transport and dining locations
- End of trip facilitates to cycle or jog into work
- Dedicated wellness program offering, yoga, monthly initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program
A bit about us:
WorkCover Queensland has been providing workers’ compensation insurance in Queensland for more than 20 years to more than 160,000 businesses.
Supporting Queensland workers and businesses is at the heart of everything we do. The most important thing for us is keeping Queenslanders working and we understand everyone’s needs are different by delivering valued experiences and tailored solutions. Our people are connected to purpose and we’re creating an environment that inspires them to make a difference.
Working in a collaborative team environment within a supportive and engaged organisation, you’ll enjoy access to our health and wellbeing program, a variety of flexible work offerings (including part-time arrangements and purchased annual leave, we operate in a hybrid environment where our people can work from home or at WorkCover Central, learning and development opportunities (with study assistance and leave)), salary packaging, voluntary super contributions, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and community initiatives to give back – just to name a few!
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Angela Moutsatsos, Talent Advisor with applications closing at 10am Tuesday, 28 June 2022.
Pre-employment checks will be conducted on all prospective employees. This will include a Police Check, Education Check, Reference Check and where appropriate a Visa Check. The information provided will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
WorkCover Queensland is committed to building a safe and respectful workplace, celebrating difference and where all of our people feel included. Through our Diversity Council Australia membership, Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, Age and Work Strategy and profile as a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women, we continue to strive to do better for all of our people, and the Queensland community.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.