A role with WorkCover Queensland is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to develop your career and make a real difference. Our vision is to be the best workers’ compensation insurer and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We bring together diverse talent and provide you with the opportunity to achieve your potential, add value to the meaningful work we do, and make WorkCover a truly inclusive place to work.
A new and fantastic permanent opportunity where as an expert in cloud provisioning, services and architecture, the Principle Cloud Architect will drive the architecture, roadmap and decisions for WorkCover’s cloud journey. This role combines thought leadership, designing architectures, and assisting with the build and transition of WorkCover Queensland applications into the cloud to enable WorkCover Queensland target state of a multi cloud environment including AWS and Azure.
Key accountabilities include but not all:
- Leads the planning, prioritisation, and sequencing of complex cloud transformation initiatives
- Architects and oversees the delivery of technical solutions that solve existing, new and emerging levels of complexity, scale and performance for the WorkCover Queensland environment
- In conjunction with the cloud engineer(s) design solutions that incrementally migrate to a multi-cloud environment including AWS and Azure, and enable operational efficiencies through the use of industry standard DevOps practices
- Ensures services are designed to business needs, service levels and non-functional requirements
- Hands on solution prototyping and testing of architecture patterns and design principles
- Provide subject matter expertise on AWS and Azure services, constantly challenging the cloud engineer(s), while considering performance, stability, availability, and cost
- Aligns architectures with the AWS / Azure architecture framework
- Establishes and maintains a cloud service governance framework to govern the design, provisioning, security, operation and monitoring of cloud services including policies and standards for cost optimisation, resiliency, application and data security, and compliance.
- Develops a strong understanding of strategic business initiatives and supports strategic planning across the business and Solutions and Technology
A bit about you:
- Tertiary qualified in software engineering, science, engineering, maths or related discipline.
- AWS Solution Architect certification - Associate level is desirable.
- Extensive experience in IT implementations including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures and the migration of in-house-built solutions with legacy architectures to AWS / Azure Cloud First architectures.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud architecture, implementation and resource optimisation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualisation, orchestration, elastic scalability etc)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Exposure to API design strategies both for internal and external customer usage
- Expert in architecting solutions across disparate technologies to achieve the complex business objectives of multiple business areas.
- Strong technical proficiency across AWS and Azure environments
- A proven track record of thriving in an unstructured, ambiguous environment; adept at varying own styles to influence the optimum outcome.
- Experience of managing a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing their conflicting objectives into a pragmatic solution and deliverable release schedule.
A bit about us:
Working in a collaborative team environment within a supportive and engaged organisation, you’ll enjoy access to our health and wellbeing program, a variety of flexible work offerings (including part-time arrangements and purchased annual leave, you might even wish to work remote one day a week), learning and development opportunities (with study assistance and leave), salary packaging, voluntary super contributions, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and community initiatives to give back – just to name a few!
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Paul Stredder, Senior Consultant People and Culture with applications closing at 12pm, Tuesday 17th December.